The annual Student Promoting Advocacy and Redefining Community award (SPARC) recognizes a rising student activist who has displayed a passion for engagement with and advocacy for multiple communities.
The 2019 recipient of the Student Promoting Advocacy and Redefining Community Award is Destiny Padilla.
- The recipient of the Student Promoting Advocacy and Redefining Community Award receives $500.
- Selection criteria and nominee requirements:
- A student's overall contribution to the campus and community is the primary criterion considered. Nominees should be widely recognized as leaders held in high esteem by other students. They must have made a significant contribution through participation in university or community service. Evidence of socially responsible, ethical and outstanding leadership either in specific positions of responsibility or while engaged in service activities are indicators of a nominee's qualifications for the award.
- Must be a UC Davis student enrolled full-time.
- Must have attended UC Davis for a minimum of two consecutive quarters.
- Must be in good academic standing at the end of fall quarter.