Student Development Funds promote the development of undergraduate students and is sponsored on behalf of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs. Funds may be used to defer the cost of a variety of event expenses such as catering, conference registration, and travel.
Questions regarding the application process should be directed to email@example.com.
- All applications are reviewed only during fall, winter and spring academic quarters by the Council on Student Affairs and Fees (COSAF) for approval/denial.
- An event agenda and budget with projected itemized expenses will need to be submitted as part of your application.
- Applications should be submitted at least one month prior to the event.
- Please allow up to 3 weeks for a response to your application.
- Student Affairs reserves the right to verify the event with the designated guests.
- The applicant must be the person who pays for the expenses and submits receipts for reimbursement.
- All reimbursement documentation must be submitted within 5-7 business days of the event with proof of payment and itemized receipts.
- Applicants will be reimbursed within the limits set by UCD PPM 300-10 and UC G-28 for travel, and UCD PPM 330-80 and UC BUS-79 for entertainment with a suggested tip rate of no more than 15-18% for catering/meal costs.
- Failure to comply with the Student Development Fund guidelines will result in forfeiture of funding even if request was originally approved and personal funds have been spent.
- Failure to abide by these guidelines may jeopardize approval of future Student Development funding.
- Funds are dedicated to current UC Davis undergraduate students who may apply for up to $500 per quarter.
- If applying for funds to host an event, both the applicant and attendees must be undergraduate students.
- If applying on behalf of a student organization, please see your CSI contact for further funding qualifications.
Ineligible Events and Expenses
Funding will not be awarded for the following:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Awards and/or gift cards
- Costs for non-UC participants
- Departmental events
- Events open to the public
- Multiple applications for the same event
- Spouses, domestic partners and family members of attendees
- Tickets for sports events or musical/theatrical performances