Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Emily Galindo currently serves the campus as the Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, a division of the campus that includes many student support services.
Prior to this role she was an Associate Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and the Executive Director of Student Housing and Dining Services, providing leadership for campus housing, dining services, orientation, first year experience programs, and divisional information technology.
Ms. Galindo earned her Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Behavior from the University of San Francisco and her Master’s degree in Business Administration from Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California.
She started her career at University of California, Davis in 1984. In 1992, she joined the Student Housing Department. She served as the Associate Director/Administration from 1996 until 2007, briefly served as the Interim Director of Student Housing and was appointed the Director of Student Housing in 2008. In 2010 she was appointed to an AVC role for Student Affairs and she began her Interim Vice Chancellor role in May of this year.
IVC Galindo has served and chaired multiple committees and task forces at UC Davis and served as co-director of the Shared Services Center for six months in 2016. As a long time campus citizen she continues to focus on student success initiatives, organizational excellence, fiscal responsibility and operational efficiencies.
Office of the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, 476 Mrak Hall, 530-752-6866
Please visit the departments page for a complete listing of Student Affairs departments.
Vice Chancellors Student Affairs
The Office of the Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs, initiates, develops, and maintains programs and services that support students in their academic pursuits, provide stewardship for the campus climate, and promote leadership, teamwork, and social responsibility.
- Emily Galindo, interim vice chancellor, May 2018–present
- Adela de la Torre, vice chancellor, August 2013-April 2018
- Adela de la Torre, interim vice chancellor, July 2012-July 2013
- Fred Wood, vice chancellor, August 2007-June 2012
- Janet Gong, interim vice chancellor, January 2007-July 2007
- Judy Sakaki, July 2002-January 2007
- Robert Franks, interim vice chancellor, January 2002-June 2002
- Carolyn F. Wall, July 1995-December 2001
- Robert Franks, interim vice chancellor, July 1994-June 1995
- Frank L. Rincon, 1992-1994
- Robert E. Chason, acting vice chancellor, 1991-1992
- Thomas B. Dutton, 1970-1991